problem with file swapping

danagol

Baseband Member
i have tried many methods, i have tried to link two computers with a crossover cable, but the only way to transfer large files is to get both omputers linked togearther on the same connection, and make both of them go onto msn and do it that way, but is there another way. the shared files option dosent work for some reason and i have gave up on that ages ago.

but it has to be done through the network cable, and no other means, also these files are far too big for cd and/or usb drive.

any help is good many thanks

If you setup a network correctly, meaning each computer has it's own name, and are apart of the same workgroup, and the folders that the files you want to share/transfer are shared properly, you shouldn't have any problems. I transfer music/movies across my network from computer to computer with no problems. And I'm running a mix of Windows XP and 2000.

You may want to see this thread.

it i a crossover cable, but i cant seem to do the networking thing what-so-ever. i give up on that, is there any way i can just drag and drop files into it to transfer it to the other pc?

yes, but still o luck.
i cant even share the printer and stuff. i dont think i am making the network properly, but i cant seem to see what i am doing wrong

heres a thought i just had: is it possible to connect a short 5m crossover cable with a block, to a long patch cable. i think if i have more than one crossover cable it might damagee the pc's as the wires would cross-over more than once if you know what i mean

does anyone have any info???

Back
Top Bottom