Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Exclamation Problem with drivers

Hello everyone,
I was looking at windows update and it had some optional updates for my wireless (this is what it says in updates history - Realteack semi conductor crop. networking - realteck TRL 8187 wireless 802.11g 54mbps USB 2.0 network adaptor)..the driver install failed and I lose connectivity and it now fails to find any networks. My friend managed to find an old driver somehow and installed it, meaning i was back online, however it was extremely slow and had high ping/latency. My friend then left and when i turned the computer off it tried to install the update stated above again, once i turned it back on it stated the install had failed and I again have no connectivity and it cant find any networks...Everytime i turn my computer off it tries to install it again unsuccessfully.

Hope I have been as clear as possible, could anyone give me an idea of what to do and how to do it as I'm not great with computers...I'm guessing i need to somehow stop it trying to install the update and find a driver that will keep a decent connection thank you. (I cant roll back the driver on device manager, the button isnt clickable)
the_briton is offline   Reply With Quote