Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Problem configuring Network Adapter.

Fujitsu Siemens Desktop Computer
Model: Myrica C 50 –1/1/
O.S., Windows 98 SE

This came with no network adaptor card. Recently in an attempt to connect to a cable broadband network I installed a Realtek Adaptor (Model - RTL 8139C)
On booting up, the Computer recognised the new hardware and set about installing a driver. I follow instructions, inserting the Win 98 OS installation CD when asked. The software seemed to be added successfully. However I could not connect to the broadband network. When I checkd the device manager listing I saw a red cross through the Realtex Network Adapter. I opened the Network Adapter Properties and saw that it was ‘disabled’. But when I enabled it, I still could not connect. When I checked the card socket at the back of the computer the little Red light was on – not the Green light. I’ve tried a lot of things but cant get it to work. Any advice would be most welcome. (By the way there is no problem with IP address, gateway etc) I did notice that the options given me for Realtek when installing the software were for Realtek 8139 (two varieties), not for Realtek 8139C. I wonder whether this might be the problem??
EamonX1 is offline   Reply With Quote