Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to compjake Send a message via MSN to compjake Send a message via Yahoo to compjake
Question Port forwarding

Is it possible to forward any one port to multiple computers?

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 6350+ | eVGA NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT (PCI-E)| eVGA NVIDIA Geforce 6600GT (AGP) | 2.0GB DDR (PC-3200) | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 | Microsoft Windows XP PRO SP2
compjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike
Default Re: Port forwarding

I just took a glance inside my router and it seems that it's possible. I believe you can do it in advanced routing, if your router has that option. Never tried it, and I'm not saying it will work, but it does look like it's possible.

pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to compjake Send a message via MSN to compjake Send a message via Yahoo to compjake

I have forwarded the same port to both computers but one computer never gets acsess to that port.

I'm trying to play AOE II Age of Kings on msn-zone at the same time in the same game but I allwase get "Unable To Join" on the computer that trys to join the game but the computer that hosts it works fine.
ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 6350+ | eVGA NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT (PCI-E)| eVGA NVIDIA Geforce 6600GT (AGP) | 2.0GB DDR (PC-3200) | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 | Microsoft Windows XP PRO SP2
Old 03-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #4
Baseband Member

Not sure if I understand. You have two computers behind a firewall/router. One is connecting to msn-zone as the host and the other just needs to connect to the host. You cannot forward one port to two separate ip's. The router will not know which traffic to send to which machine and it will cause issues. What you can do is put one computer in the DMZ and forward to the one that is not in the DMZ. On the other hand, I think you can just stop the forwarding to the client computer and connect directly to the host computer since they are both on the local network.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
Baseband Member

I have tryed using DMZ and forwarding the ports but it never works, and I have tryed connecting directly to the host computer and it works but we are trying to play with other people on the internet and the other players never see the one person.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to RewtGuy

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/

maybe that will help?

Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.
RewtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote