Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lman

Solid State Member
Hi there I am desperate, someone has broken into my computer and has been sending Myspace messages and IM's pretending to be either my wife or me, the problem it has created a HUGE problem with my wife and I, She dosen't think that he did it, he is an IT guy and is apperently pretty good at it, to make it worse he has had access to my computer in the past, I need to know how I can see what IP address the messages were sent from, or if there is a to see where he has broken into my computer. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

also how hard is it for someone to do these things, pretty easy or is it hard??

why not? please someone help me, I am very desperate
Just tell me where to look

You could contact myspace, but this happens to millions of people and they have 150 staff, won't do anything.

You can contact the police, but you have no real evidence.

yeah I tried both, and you are right, they are both dead ends, I was thinking someone here might be able to point me in a better direction, this is kind of a last ditch effort, but I am out of options.....but is this something that would be hard for someone to do? especially if the had access to my computer before? or am I grasping at straws

Change all your passwords to something ultra-strong with 16+ characters and lots of symbols (e.g. 6=cH32^szhLqGAk0)

Scan your PC for viruses and trojans, install a good firewall, and forget all about it because you're back in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom