Please HELP

RichSpencer

Solid State Member
Okay here is the scenario. In my office the internet comes in through the phone line into a DSL modem. From there it goes to the ethernet slot on the router. Then from the # 2 slot on the router it goes into the firewall which then sends it to a wall jack. From the wall jack it goes downstairs to a router and switch which in turn gives the connecton to all other wall jacks in the office. The question is, how do I get the firewall out of the loop. Ive tried plugging the cords into other slots in the router etc but never no internet connection. I need to run tests on the firewall and I need it off the configuration. But how??

The router you have behind the firewall, may be trying to connect to the firewall for an internet connection. You may have to reconfigure the router behind the firewall to use the router before the firewall.

That probably sounds confusing.

well thats the thing , i need to do a password recovery on my firewall terefore I cannot configure anything

Im not sure if this will help but...

+- Internet
|
+- Router(1) (Gateway: Provided by ISP )
|
+- Firewall ( Gateway: Router(1) )
|
+- Router(2) ( Gateway: Firewall )
|
+- Clients ( Gateway: Router(2) )

Try finding the gateway of the firewall, this should be the IP Address of router(1). Use this address in router(2) as the gateway after you remove the firewall.

Back
Top Bottom