Playing with remote commands

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
So, Telnet and SSH.

no matter how hard i try, i can't get my PC and Macbook to send each other commands via PuTTy, Window's Telnet client or OS X Telnet client. Windows doesn't even recognise SSH as a command... xD

someone care to walk me through this? cheers.

So let me get this straight... You are trying to send commands via telnet and/or ssh to another system? You are going to need not just a client but the hosting end. SSH is not native to windows (xp, not sure on vista or 7) so you it won't recognize it as a command. (Thus the reason for putty)

I'm not going to walk you through but I will help if you need help. It's much easier on other systems such as linux, Windows is of course going to make it harder.
Take a look at this tutorial:
How to install OpenSSH sshd server and sftp server on a Windows 2000 or Windows XP or Windows Vista

Can also take a look at this one on LifeHackers site(if you can stand the site layout): Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

On a side note, don't ever telnet to your computer if you are not on the same LAN. Passwords and data are sent in clear text, SSH instead.

Back
Top Bottom