picking up others wireless connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thing here. Normally hdsetup is part of the Linux slakware maintenence suite. Why it would show up on your list is very strange. I find it odder that where ever you go you see it. I find it hard to believe this is an external wiresless signal you are picking up all over town. By chance is your laptop and HP? It may be some process HP uses internally.

haha daydreamer...doubt someone put an access point in my car

RickM said:
Interesting thing here. Normally hdsetup is part of the Linux slakware maintenence suite. Why it would show up on your list is very strange. I find it odder that where ever you go you see it. I find it hard to believe this is an external wiresless signal you are picking up all over town. By chance is your laptop and HP? It may be some process HP uses internally.

no its not an hp, its compaq. and its nothing internal, because like i said, its not EVERYWHERE, but it pops up very often. also i never pick it up at my house, but i do pick it up at alot of areas though. and like i said, whenever i do pick it up, signal strength is next to perfect...

hi did you ever get the mysterious "hpsetup" network figured out? because i've been experiencing the same thing. I'm using the fairly new ipaq hx4700, with the Herecast Wifi Scanner. What's weird about my situation is that the network "hpsetup" appears about 20 times on my wifi scanner. What seems to clear up the situation is doing a hardboot and performing a quick restore.

Maybe it's a software issue...i don't know.

hah no i never did figure it out....and i can't at the moment anyway cuz my internal wireless card in my laptop stopped working LOL. i made a post about it...hopefully someone answered me....

Crazyjoe isn'y so crazy, I am in Changan in S China and am picking up the same signal on HPSETUP. Also found it in the Airport at Newark NJ on the way out here. Spoke to a lot of other people who are also getting the same wireless signal. Love to find out how to get on and use it.

By chance has anyone clicked on it and tried to connect? I remember seeing, on my friends computer, a network that showed up. I dont recall the name now, but I remeber when I clicked on it to connect it would refresh his list of networks available and find a few more networks... If it does the same for you all, Im thinking it might be wireless nic's and windows conflictions.

yea i connected to it, but it doesn't really do anything, its just a pc to pc connection, no internet or anything

btw, i got my wireless card fixed. the problem was simple lol, so simple i'm not even going to say what it was...i'm so ashamed i couldn't figure it out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom