Pesky adverts

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Is there a way to stop adverts popping up on my screen whenever I use the internet.

I know that it is very easy to click on the cross to get rid of them but, no sooner have you done that then another is there to take its place.

Any thoughts will be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Might be worth checking out 'Ad Blocker' which is an add-on for internet browsers. It's available for Chrome and I believe it is also available for Firefox. Probably available for Internet Explorer also.

I have to agree. I use ad blockplus for Firefox and it does an excellent job at blocking popups.

Also it blocks ads on Youtube videos as well wich is an awesome thing, because some of those videos can have 10 or more ads.

Hi folks,
Thank you for the info re AdBlocker.

I have tried to install this programme but am not having much joy.
I have tried to 'run' it from the site but I get a message asking if I would like it to close IE but, when it tries it fails and so I have now downloaded it and saved it but cannot install it. I keep getting a message that IE is still open but it's not, at least I don't think that it is, there is no site open, not even my home page.
Any thoughts anyone? Thank you.

you might have a browser hijack.
are you forced to use some other startup page than a say google.com?

Run your antivirus software and nab Malwarebytes and run that https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/ and get Combofix which should stomp over it ComboFix Download
Hiya, thanks for this, I have run Malwarebytes and it seems to have got rid of a load of rubbish and I have now been able to install the Adblocker programme. thanks for this, much appreciated.

With regard to ComboFix, is this not the same as Malwarebytes? do I need both?

Thanks again for the help.

What comobofix does is run and detects any viruses, malware and stomps over them, I think its portable meaning it doesn't install I could be wrong. Been a while since I used it.

It's a no holds barred, romp and stomp, all in one, take no prisoners, sort of bad ass scanner. You have to turn off any other scanners that run in real time. If you don't, your results can be skewed.

Another good thing to do is run Malwarebytes and Combofix in safe mode, that way theres nothing running in the back ground.

Back
Top Bottom