Peer 2 Peer Sharing

lemonchair

Beta member
At my work place we do not currently have a server, we are just networked peer 2 peer. We have 8 computers in all, 5 of them have windows XP and 3 of them have Windows 2000 NT. We have been sharing like this for a little over a year without any problems. Just last week, I connected to a wireless connection at a hotel on a business trip, and ever since then none of the othere computers on my network will pop up on my laptop. I tried pinging them to see if my computer would recognize them, but I can't even do that! Any and all suggestions would be helpful.

any messenger programmer should work good...

simply use windows messenger it also allows you to take control of somebody elses PC to show them something...

What probably happened is that your network connection kept the IP adress/network configuration you used when you were wireless. Just do a system restore so you will restore your settings that worked, or go to your network tab, and check and change your configuration so it will match your peer to peer network configuration.

Exactly what he said. All your network settings changed to that of the wireless connection hence why you can't see them. Make sure you are all on the same workgroup and run the network setup wiz if you are desperate ;) It may help :p heh

Back
Top Bottom