Pc and Mac LAN

Cyberman2

Beta member
Hey I Need Help,
I have A dell pc(win xp home e.) and a g4 mac that is running mac os 9.1, I have a crossover cable that I use to connect my friends laptop to my pc and that works, with no hub or server. I want to be able to connect the mac to the pc and share files but the mac just will not see the pc. All I want to do is share files not share an internet connection or anything like that. I am more of a pc person than a mac person but I would really appriciate help on this one.
Cheers
Cyberman 2

try making sure that they are both in the same IP range and on the same subnet.
also make sure that the apple is using TCP/IP and not just apple talk or something silly like that.
also try temporarilt disabling any fire wall that you may be running on the mac to make sure that is not intefeering with the connection.

Cyberman2 said:
Hey I Need Help,
I have A dell pc(win xp home e.) and a g4 mac that is running mac os 9.1, I have a crossover cable that I use to connect my friends laptop to my pc and that works, with no hub or server. I want to be able to connect the mac to the pc and share files but the mac just will not see the pc. All I want to do is share files not share an internet connection or anything like that. I am more of a pc person than a mac person but I would really appriciate help on this one.
Cheers
Cyberman 2

I don't have much experience with Crossover Cables; but I do know that often there are compatability things with Mac and PC so I doubt it'll work anyway. What software did you get with the Crossover Cables?

Back
Top Bottom