P2P Sharing

boldor

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, i have a question about p2p.

Im usualy downloading stuff using p2p. I use Azureus (Vuze). My internet connecion is broadband 24mbit and the problem is that even with 10000 seeds my download speed isnt going over 200-300kb while my friends downloading the same torrent having worse internet are downloading at 800kb.

Yes, ive forwarded ports in the router and i havent touched any other options in Azureus. Can it be because i just took a random port?(55533) or maybe i need to do something...

Im willing to write every setting i have just tell me what i needa do, please.

PS: I know il get blamed cause of using Azureus (vuze) instead of Utorrent but the thing is im getting even WORSE dls in utorrent...

im just going to assume you are downloading a legal torrent ;)
do you have the same ISP? yours might be capping your speed, especially during the day.

im just going to assume you are downloading a legal torrent ;)
do you have the same ISP? yours might be capping your speed, especially during the day.

Yeh..ahh legal....*cough* >_>

Maybe Azureus is limiting your download speed. Because in the settings you can change the maximum speed you can download at. Or maybe your limiting how much seeds you can have at one time, your friends could be getting the people who are seeding at 1mbs and you could be getting the people who are seeding at 10kbs.

If it's none of those then maybe you are not seeding back..because sometimes if you don't seed the program or tracker could limit your download speed.

Seeding to a ratio of 1.00 or above means you have given the community a copy of your download (which is a good thing) and anything under means you have given less to the community. But don't really bother seeding above 1.0 if you don't want to. As long as you give a bit back.

This is more of a torrent point of view, but in P2P seeding is referred to as uploading.

Good luck and happy torrenting/p2ping.

Back
Top Bottom