Only one web location opens.

OneMarcilV

In Runtime
I am able to open one web page. Something called msn.com. I see this when i checked the internet connection.

IMG_4460.jpgIMG_4459.jpgIMG_4463.jpg

Last edited:
Can you ping any other web sites? Or DNS servers? MOst cash registers are still running XP so I troubleshoot on it quite often.

Open up a command prompt (Run > "cmd") and type "ping 8.8.8.8" and see if it works, times out, or says unreachable.

Open a command prompt and run the command ipconfig which will tell you about the various IP settings for your computer. Post a screenshot so we can see it.

Can you ping any other web sites? Or DNS servers? MOst cash registers are still running XP so I troubleshoot on it quite often.

Open up a command prompt (Run > "cmd") and type "ping 8.8.8.8" and see if it works, times out, or says unreachable.

I always hesitate to ask about Windows XP because peeps seem to reply all about this security stuff and write to change to a newer Windows version. I do not like 7 or 10. Too complicated and ai hate this virtual XP option.

Anyway again this is what I see.

Here is the results.

By the way I still get updates on Windows XP as recent as last night.

Using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 Version 2002.

IMG_4467.jpg

Last edited:
Open a command prompt and run the command ipconfig which will tell you about the various IP settings for your computer. Post a screenshot so we can see it.

I do have an ethernet cable as well. But even using that option internet connection is not working.

What is weird i have another computer with the same version of Windows installed from the same disk and that computervconnects to all web pages without any problems.

Here is the screen shot. IMG_4469.jpg

Last edited:
Same exact disk so service pack 3. I just read in the disk Service Pack 3.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Are we sure having Windows installed on drive E will not make any difference. I am guessing when i chose a partition to format the computer made the drive letter E.

Last edited:
Is there any particular reason you are running XP? Without much effort you could get Windows 10. Even without an activation key...

In fact, Windows 10 runs much better than previous versions. The only downside I can see is all the background updates it runs, but if you have a good internet connection and you are not running on battery you'll be just fine.

Is there any particular reason you are running XP? Without much effort you could get Windows 10. Even without an activation key...

In fact, Windows 10 runs much better than previous versions. The only downside I can see is all the background updates it runs, but if you have a good internet connection and you are not running on battery you'll be just fine.

Read post #4. I have Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 18 computer.

Read post #4. I have Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 18 computer.

So you are not a noob when it comes to Windows 10. Unless there are some compatibility problems, there is no reason to be hanging on to XP or Vista. Even Windows 7 is acceptable, but XP is just too old.

Back
Top Bottom