new router won't recognize server

gib88

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am having issues getting my Windows Server 2003 machine to be recognized by my home network. I just switched internet providers and got a new router. The router doesn't seem to be recognizing my server as it isn't assigning it a new IP address. The server has the same IP address as it did with the old router. All other computers on the network don't have this problem.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? How do I force my server and/or router to recognize the server and assign it a new IP address? Thanks.

Old router was maybe 2.4g and new one is 5g. That would screw it up. Your computer may not want to connect with the newer router because of that. Check and see if it has a wifi with both speeds. My weather station will only connect to 2.4g and won't with 5g. My router has both and uses a different password for the 2.4 over the 5g.

It sounds like an issue with the server not accepting the new ip address. Is is set to static IP address on the server? If so, set it to automatically get it via dhcp from the router. if you're wanting it to have a static ip address, you'll probably have to set it up on the router side of things.

I'll be honest, i've never used server2003, so i'm only going on what i know about xp/vista. The settings mentioned should be in the control pannel subsection focusing on network connectivity.

Back
Top Bottom