Networks

What it costs will depend on your choice of equipment. I recommend Belkin but there are others. And I recommend buying it from Amazon aswell as they have such good prices.

Basically; you have to have the right length of Cat5 network cable to get from one computer to where you're putting the Switch; and from the other computer to where you're putting the switch. Then you need a Network switch with at least two ports (they'll mostly be 3 or 5 ports) obviously it makes sense to get a switch which you can be sure you can use for a long time - so if you think maybe you'll add one, maybe two more computers in the future make sense to get a 3 port or a 5 port.

Good luck searching.

Wireless baby! I love my Linksys wireless setup...I can tell you where to get some good deals also

talking in australian dollar...

25$ on each comp without a network card.

20$ for a crossover cable.

Depends on how many computers, if it's only 2 then heres what you need.

1. 2 Network cards, one for each PC, you may find these already came with the PC(s), Go into Control Panel - System - Device Manager and look under "Network Adapters" if you see a networking device you do not need to buy a network card for that PC.

2. If it's only 2 PC's you are networking, you can use a direct connection of CAT5 cable, available very cheap from your local PC Store.

3. Simply plug in the cables and it should be up and running.

Estimated price is around £10-20 for the cards and probably a fiver or less for the CAT5.

Lol; yeah. Oh well - at least we know we made a difference. My good deed for today - now I should balance the universe by being bad :cool:

Back
Top Bottom