Networking Help????

trainman

Beta member
I have trendnet-652BRP router in the front of my house near the kitchen and i have my dell desktop computer in my back room (my house is 1 level). In my sister's room she has a great connection but in my room right next door it sucks. I can't get on the internet at all because the connection is low nor play on my xbox hook up to the pc by a bridge with my rj-45. My usb wifi adapter tells me my mbps is around 11 and my connection is low or very low. Before that when i first had got it everything was ok but all of a suddenly it just don't want to work. Will i need to get a another router and make a wireless bridge to my room or is there a way to solve this soon because i will need this computer for school coming up soon. Thanks for viewing and leave a comment if you can,

-trainman

You could use another router as a repeater. I use a Rosewill RNX-EasyN400 for this purpose and it works great and it is reasonably priced. Are there any other wireless access points nearby, say a neighbors? You could try moving the router to different points in the house to see what works the best.

You say it used to work which says to me that something changed. Did you or your sister get any new electronics? A new phone? Radio? these can all interfere.

Thanks i just may use the other router as a repeater.

That's what my grandfather that worked for atnt said but i just got a phone like a few weeks ago and it was still acting up before then.

Back
Top Bottom