Networking 100+ Computers start up issue

shouup said:
CCNA is an easy course, i agree...probably the reason i passed the whole course with a 98%. That question you asked is a CCNP question, i wont be studying for my CCNP for another semester so i cannot answer your question. You still have not answered my question though, what is your background in networking? im not saying that i know more then you (i am still a student in college)...i just would like to know the extent of your knowledge.

network admin for a high school and network tech for 4 years.

I have a total of 8 yrs networking background and Ive helped install various lans in various places.

I never ahd a formal job in networking. but I have lots of knowledge beyond cisco.

I have experice with 3com, nortel, foundry, extreme, etc.

and Cisco ccna isnt really networking, its basically IOS stuff and not much about physical toppologies and they dont give you much troubleshooting matieral to get real experince. thats why I hated the academy.

also I am not going for any propriatay vendor certs. I dotn want them.

Im going vendor nuetral and I dont want to pay for certs im not gonna use for a job. I dotn need to work so I dont need them now. just a waste of money to have soem letters.

I also have lotsof pc building experince.thats mostly what ive been doing for the last seveeal years instead of formal networking.

Ive helped lots of people with networking over msn and yahoo messengers. I helped on various forums like this one.

Im kinda busy getting my house organized so I cant say much right now bout it. I just moved the rest of my stuff over to my new apartment today.

Knowledge is power, you may hate the academy but there is knowledge to be learned from it. Its just being ignorant to not use the knowledge they do give, even if its not much. In my case however, i was able to take the knowledge from cisco and net+ and apply it to real life and without that knowledge from the courses i would have never been able to troubleshoot how i can. I guess it also depends on your instructor though, my cisco instructor was horrible while my net+ instructor tought me more about stuff the book didnt cover then what the book tought me itself. Thats where i got my of my troubleshooting knowledge. I appreciate you typing up your experience for me. Thanks.

I doidnt really learn much new from ccna. I allready knew it b4 I took it it was just required for a class. I hate it. not enouhg real life scenarrios. it sucked.

and it wasnt all that greatly made ether. too much cisco hype

athlon64fx said:
I doidnt really learn much new from ccna. I allready knew it b4 I took it it was just required for a class. I hate it. not enouhg real life scenarrios. it sucked.

and it wasnt all that greatly made ether. too much cisco hype

I have met a lot of people that said they knew it all before a course, none of them have actualy been able to prove it, usualy people just try to come off as some elite super nerd. Cisco hype? It's a cisco class, its kind of expected. I dont know which version you learned from either, its actualy pretty packed full of need to know stuff now, that or your instructor was as bad as mine. Anyways, i agree...this thread is now dead.

3.0 my instructor knew beyond cisco too bout teh sdame as me but he knew a little other less knowm brands too.

hes been in the industry for over 20 years.

net tech for over 10 major companies, etc

Back
Top Bottom