Network Scanners/Imaging Devices

ajrutherford

Solid State Member
Here's a tricky one,

Is Windows XP capable of sharing a scanner for use on a network. If not, is Windows XP capable of mapping to a network printer with a scanner (such as an HP 3320 All-In-One attached to an ethernet adapter) in order to scan? I've done a lot of looking around and apparently Vista has had the feature added. That doesn't obviously mean that XP is incapable, just not as accessible as Vista.

I found a program for a hundred dollars, but they crippled it so the only thing that could be scanned was "at their offices" for the trial version. If anyone knows of any software to allow this type of project I'd appreciate the knowledge.

Sadly, no.

That's actually the one I was speaking about in my original post. That company only offers a 30 day software update/patch period, then you have to pay for it, and you can only install the program on a maximum of 5 computers to access the original computer. Considering this is for a company of 60 computers, that's about $1200 for one rather simple function. I simply cannot cost-justify it, especially without a trial to actually see if it works.

Thank you though for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom