Network Connection just dropps.

Offline files are enabled. Even so, would she still be able to drag emails to a pst stored on the network? Seems like it would be possible and the pst would just update upon connection. Now the server backup/archive thing is interesting. I'll have to look in to that!

I have a problem in my domain that some computers, when having Offline Files enabled, will not connect to any of our mapped network drives. Or they connect at login and lose connection. If I turn Offline Files off, we have no more problems with this. I would bet that we found the problem.

The only thing that's weird is Offline Files are going to be enabled (default) on all the other computers as well...

I went ahead and disabled offline files on the Vista computer. I'll see if this works. It's a shame the weekend's almost here! I'm going to be curious!

Thanks for all of your help!

Shame that it's the weekend....HA! NEVER!....LOL.

I know, but some of our computers work just fine with it on, and some drop the network drives. I'm not sure why and maybe it's not related to that at all. I just know that's what I've been able to do to fix it around here.

Eh, taking off offline folders didn't work :( I think I'm going to set up another computer in there on a switch and just stay remoted in to it. That'll rule out software and hardware... (if it still happens).

Back
Top Bottom