Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-30-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
Beta Member

Exclamation Netgear WGR614 v7 + Intel(R) PRO/wireless 2200BG Network Connection = Not happening

I have a few desktop computers in my network, all working fine wirelessly.
I recent bought a cheap laptop from a friend, and went to configure it to my network. It says its connected when i hover over the wireless symbol in the taskbar, also my router says its connected to it. But i when i go to use firefox or limewire etc it says its not connected.
Any ideas? Please contact me via email on : demoniod_apocalypse@hotmail.com or on here.
Thank you for your time.

Metal_Macca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: Netgear WGR614 v7 + Intel(R) PRO/wireless 2200BG Network Connection = Not happeni

hmm. wierd. does msn or anything work?
maybe the browsers are set to work offline.
also try resetting up the home network wizard in the control panel. i remember doing that wrong before and i had no internet

Old 06-02-2008, 05:22 AM   #3
Beta Member

Angry Re: Netgear WGR614 v7 + Intel(R) PRO/wireless 2200BG Network Connection = Not happeni

Tryed using msn, limewire, etc. Not happening. Checked the browsers that work offline is unticket. And i also have redone the network a few times trying to sort things out. Its rather weird, as i can access the network, eg the other peoples shared files, and use the network printer, but i can not access the internet.
Metal_Macca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Beta Member

Default Re: Netgear WGR614 v7 + Intel(R) PRO/wireless 2200BG Network Connection = Not happeni

Do you know how to change your DNS server to one that is manually selected?
If so, try changing it to 192.168.1.1 and see if that works. I've had a similar problem with my wgr614 and after i set my computer to use that as the DNS server I can connect to the internet. The IP address it gives me is fine so I leave that as dynamic, all i change is the DNS server
jdavied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
In Runtime

what you want to do is use your ISP dns server addresses and try to statically assign the ip adress like this:

IP: 192.168.1.6
Sub: 255.255.255.0
DG: 192.168.1.1

then your ISP DNS.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

It could be the router is set for security settings that the wireless does not support.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
In Runtime

Probably a configuration problem Click on your wireless connection icon on your lower right screen and try to ping the gateway address. If it pings, the connection between your laptop and router is good.
david90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to burn420 Send a message via Yahoo to burn420

First, as said previously... Make sure your DNS is right, though that shouldn't have a problem with Limewrie. Just to make sure, you are not having any problems with the other computers correct? Also it seems to me that you did not buy it new, if you haven't it wouldn't be a bad idea to check and make sure you have no spyware or virus's.
Otherwise, I would go into your services and make sure everything is working correctly... By the way, I would suggest using the static setup only if it is really necessary... If you are getting a valid ip from your router, and your DNS client service is running, static setup is really not necessary...
Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
Beta Member

found another solution besides static dns, login to the router setting and change the DHCP ip address range from the default .2-.51 to .101-.150, see if that does the trick, did it for me
jdavied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #10
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to burn420 Send a message via Yahoo to burn420

jdavied - Changing that setting shouldn't have any significance... Though all my routers came default .101 - .150... Including when I switched the firmware from stock to third party... If you don't mind me asking what was your problem? (curious as to how it worked)