Netgear Router Connection Problem

hillybill1

Solid State Member
Re: Netgear Router Problem

Hi im looking for a little help i have a netgear router which seems to be working but my laptop with vist which has been working fine for a long time is now showing local ony and will not connect to the internet , if i colse the laptop and open it again i get the little globe for 30 seconds the it just goes ????? i have convinced myself its the laptop thats wrong but dont know what to do about it can anybody help me please ???

Thanks in advance for any help
Hilly bill

It is possible that it is your router. We can't rule that out just yet. Unplug the power cable from the modem and the router, leave them out for about 30 seconds, then plug in the modem, give it about 10 seconds, then plug in the router. After both have reloaded completely turn on the laptop and see if it connects.

If not, delete the wireless profile for the network and re-connect to your router to see if that helps.

It is possible that it is your router. We can't rule that out just yet. Unplug the power cable from the modem and the router, leave them out for about 30 seconds, then plug in the modem, give it about 10 seconds, then plug in the router. After both have reloaded completely turn on the laptop and see if it connects.

If not, delete the wireless profile for the network and re-connect to your router to see if that helps.

Thanks for the help ! after a week not working and a lot of fiddeling about it is working again now , dont know what was wrong but its working and that will do me !! thankyou

Back
Top Bottom