Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Need help with VPN...

I want to set-up a VPN network from my home pc's to a work server. The server is running SBS 2003 R2 and home computers are Windows XP Pro (with Office 2003) and Vista Premium (with office 2007). I want to set it up the easiest and most effcient way possible. Currently I have LogMeIn Hamachi installed and all computers are currently communicating but I have no clue on what to do next, I already have a exchange set-up on on one of my work PC's but now I want to set it up on my home PC's. How can I do this? Please give me detailed information from start to finish as I am not the most computer savvey person. Also I am open to new ideas. Thanks!

FYI: I have tried setting up Outlook Web Access at work but no success. I get run-time errors when trying to access this.

thamora3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
Beta Member
Default Re: Need help with VPN...

If this is a work server for VPN or MAIL then it should be public anyways. Set up the VPN through the default Microsoft connection wizard. http://compnetworking.about.com/od/v...nwindowsxp.htm this link explains howto connect to it. You will need to know your work servers public ip or DNS address. Also for the exchange are you using Web Access?
njm0993 is offline   Reply With Quote