Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Steff
Default Re: need help pz

If its blocked, its blocked for a reason. There are heaps of ways i've found our kids trying to get passed our filter..but the funny thing is i'm sat watching what they are going on and blocking it so its pointless and plus they get into trouble soo. There is one way which will bypass our filter i dont think its a good idea to share though lol

Steff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

LoG ... have you given credit to other users that you've "hijacked" info from? Don't ask for it unless you're willing to give it all the same. You make a valid point that turning a thread into something else is wrong, I give you that (notice the credit being given). However ... I think it's necessary that everyone knows your M.O.

Moving on.

CrossCech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCech
Moving on.
Yea its about time you said that..

Any updates noojoo?
LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

snappy comeback

And why would noojoo report anything? You'd just repeat it.
CrossCech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:08 AM   #15
Solid State Member

well they blocked the internet access except to some specific sites like bbc.co.uk...

ive looked around the internet for ways to bypass the filter and found out you can with an ssh client..

however, this requires a remote host to be opened all day right?
i dont think i can do that because i only have one computer..

thus i was wondering, maybe if i went on my internet explorer's lan options and changed the port to which i connected to the proxy to.. aka my lan game's port, could i access the internet 100% through that gaming port which is opened on my network??

or is this certain port only opened because im not connecting to the proxy when i play lan games, but to the other comps on the network??
noojoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by noojoo
well they blocked the internet access except to some specific sites like bbc.co.uk...

ive looked around the internet for ways to bypass the filter and found out you can with an ssh client..

thus i was wondering, maybe if i went on my internet explorer's lan options and changed the port to which i connected to the proxy to.. aka my lan game's port, could i access the internet 100% through that gaming port which is opened on my network??

or is this certain port only opened because im not connecting to the proxy when i play lan games, but to the other comps on the network??
This likely wont work as their routers will deny ALL HTTP traffic, or they will redirect ALL HTTP traffic to a proxy server, and than that proxy will than filter all HTTP traffic.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #17
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by noojoo

And if you do end up getting through i would be careful.
All that network traffic in and out will be logged by the firewall, and depending on how strict the administrator is around there: hey may come down on you..

Let us know if it works
LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #18
Solid State Member

yeah.. well, im not sure that really helps..

is it possible to use an ssh client and tunnel (using socks) to some random dude's computer halfway round the world's remote host... and use his internet connection?

because, im sure theres a way to get by... for instance, when i type google.com into the address bar i can see the ip address of google pop on the bottom left hand side of the webpage..

also, i can tracert and ping google!

thus, i think it is a software blocker, and there MUST be some way to get past this?

isnt there some type of http encryption through socks protocol program? or am i just talking nonsense??

thanx guyzz

noojoo is offline   Reply With Quote