Need help with PS3 online connection

cmcguigan

Beta member
Hi, I've been trying to get my PS3 running online through my university network via my laptop, but have hit a snag. I connected my laptop using an Ethernet cable and downloaded Connectify to turn into a Wifi hotspot. Following advice from a Youtube video I turned off my firewall and that seemed to work, but it won't let me join any games, as my NAT is set to type 2, instead of open. All of the other advice I find online says to enter the default gateway IP address into the web browser, but the browser won't access the page, just giving a blank screen and the words 'error 8071053d'. Also, a friend said to open all the ports on the PS3, but since I can't access the IP page I can't do it. It has been incredibly frustrating and any help or advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Connor

Hi, I've been trying to get my PS3 running online through my university network via my laptop, but have hit a snag. I connected my laptop using an Ethernet cable and downloaded Connectify to turn into a Wifi hotspot. Following advice from a Youtube video I turned off my firewall and that seemed to work, but it won't let me join any games, as my NAT is set to type 2, instead of open. All of the other advice I find online says to enter the default gateway IP address into the web browser, but the browser won't access the page, just giving a blank screen and the words 'error 8071053d'. Also, a friend said to open all the ports on the PS3, but since I can't access the IP page I can't do it. It has been incredibly frustrating and any help or advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Connor

Hi Connor welcome to CF, the I.T Department of the university are the only ones that can access that page and for good reasons. ports will be closed and network locked down to a degree and only allow you to download and view most web pages. you can only access the router when you have a computer/Laptop device connected to port 1 on the router then you can access that page and open all ports they do not want ports open as it leaves them vunrable to theats and hacking and they have to much personal data to protect such as customer information provided by yourself and others and you would not want that information to be able to get hold of would you? if you buy a USB internet dongle the you can access a open port zone the down side is they will run to slow so the answer to this is you can't access denied.

sorry connor it is just the rules and the internet access for you is for studdy use only.

Kind Regards

Back
Top Bottom