Need to create a Proxy Server and a Remote Desktop

lhuser

Golden Master
Title says it much. I have a non-static IP address, and will be powered by Novell. Here's a sort of map I've created.

What do I need to do?

You just need to install and and configure the netware server. By the way bell does offer static IP's for 5$ a month.

Yes, I was aware of the static IP from Bell, but I was mostly wondering if I could still have my proxy without static IP.

Yes, I was aware of the static IP from Bell, but I was mostly wondering if I could still have my proxy without static IP.

Don't see a problem having it non static.

Just to let you know, netware ASFAIK does NOT support PPPoE, so your kinda screwed without another router.

Well, the ISP has this little dumb small modem, connected to my mother's router which is connected mine.
Basically, it's as follows:
ISP -> Router1 ->Mother's PC And Router 2 -> My PCs.

Do you have to have Novell network? A Linux-based firewall OS installed on an older computer makes for a fine server at very low cost.

Well, as long as I have a storage center and proxy, I'm good. However, since we're learning Novell at school soon, I might as well use it. I know OpenSUSE supposedly interacts with Novell Client.

Back
Top Bottom