NAS Device - Raiding Problem

PseudoEvolution

Baseband Member
So I got this NAS device from LG. I tried their forums for support, but they told me they didn't support NAS devices, only LG cell phones. Awesome!

So maybe you can help me...

It's a 2-bay NAS device and I have 2 - 1TB drives (hot swappable) that I would like to set up in Raid 1. Both drives are blank and both are 1TB WD. Good drives, not cheap crap.

I went through the Raid 1 formatting process, which took 4-5 hours. After that was completed, it automatically started doing something called "System Resync" which took about 24 hours. I have no idea what that was about, but it took way too long.

Now when the NAS boots up, it is stuck on booting. The only way to get the thing to boot is to remove the 2nd drive.

When I boot up with 1 drive, then insert the 2nd drive, it will show up as Raid 1, but whenever I try to transfer files from the network, it runs about 1kb/s and restarts the entire "System Resync".

Aside from the 2nd drive being bad, what other problems could it be? LG literally has no support for their NAS devices. :(

Back
Top Bottom