My browser will not connect to some web pages.

OneMarcilV

In Runtime
One is download.com. I see this blank screen. This is on AVANT browser. ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1483837731.673362.jpg

I also see this on Internet Explorer

ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1483837775.604185.jpg

Any way to fix this?

Using WINDOWS XP.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

OK Chrome, Safari, and Mozille Firefox all open web pages.

I use uBlock Origin in Firefox and it blocks the site.

I would avoid download.com anyway. Try a site that tests everything before it goes up on the site, majorgeeks.com.

Internet Explorer on XP is probably going to have issues loading a lot of sites. Never heard of AVANT so I can't say anything about that. Stick with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and you'll be fine. (As fine as is possible on windows XP, that is.)

1st I'd like to say that the Chrome browser no longer supported by windows xp and windows vista....I would use Firefox instead on your xp machine

Last edited:
Why are you gimping yourself using xp anyways? You must love having problems on your computer.

No problems on my computers. Just connecting to two web pages. Mynother XP computer connects to all wep pages. XP has a better file search feature. Wordpad is simpler up use on WINDIWS XP.

No problems on my computers. Just connecting to two web pages. Mynother XP computer connects to all wep pages. XP has a better file search feature. Wordpad is simpler up use on WINDIWS XP.

You are not safe going on the Internet with an xp computer anyways without having your data stolen and/or your system jacked and infested so it's probably a good thing you can't connect to it.

His choice as far as what OS he wants to use.

I agree and my choice is to warn people putting themselves at risk, potentially unknowingly.
Believe it or not, a lot of the type of people that still use XP are completely unaware they are giving predictors an easy victim.

Back
Top Bottom