More info...

WhiteNinjaRyu

Solid State Member
Yeah... NIC... LAN.... the meaning is the same... jeez...anyways... It's basically:
LAN #1: Computer>router>internet
LAN #2: Computer>XBOX
I mean like XP basically set itself up to say, that one does the FTPing, and the other connects to the internet. But I like your idea of ICS... since I hate to go through my router to get to my XBOX. So my next question would have to be: How do you setup a ICS?
-Ryu

WhiteNinjaRyu said:
Yeah... NIC... LAN.... the meaning is the same... jeez...anyways... It's basically:
LAN #1: Computer>router>internet
LAN #2: Computer>XBOX
I mean like XP basically set itself up to say, that one does the FTPing, and the other connects to the internet. But I like your idea of ICS... since I hate to go through my router to get to my XBOX. So my next question would have to be: How do you setup a ICS?
-Ryu

LAN 1 is going from the computer to the router to the internet...makes sence. Why is the second setup going from the computer to the xbox? This should be the other way around, maybe you meant to put "XBOX > Computer" and im also going to assume you have it setup like so "XBOX > Computer > Router". If thats is how you have it setup you already pretty much have a ICS. A Router is a device that allows internet connection sharing. You explained everything kind of vague so its hard to help you here. You're going to have to go through your router no matter what if you want to have the computers online while you use your xbox (again, assuming you have a cable or DSL connection). The only way you can have the xbox hooked up without going through the router is to purchase a switch and hook that up to the modem and plug the xbox into the switch and the router into another port on the switch then each of the computers to the router, but if you want to do this you have to have your ISP assign you a second IP address. I hope this answers your question...then again...im not exactly sure what you are trying to do here.

.... sigh....

Alright, I have 2 LAN cards within my computer right now. I think we both understand that much. The one connects to the internet, and the other one just connects to my XBOX. One is doing all the FTPing, and one surfs the internet. I'm just wondering if there's a way for my computer to send an FTP out of both LAN cards instead of just the one going to the XBOX. Like if I try to connect to my website, I want it to go out the one LAN card and say "Oh, nothing's here" and then try again on the second LAN card and basically say "Oh, something is here, let me connect to it". Is there anyway of doing something like that without having to connect my xbox directly up to my router?
-Ryu

Back
Top Bottom