Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Modem Question

No, the line from AT&T's server to your house. Everyone in your area links up to the same line.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

Oh, well damn haha. This really sucks. time to start cutting people's phone lines around here.

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

^^True!

Also if they are big into P2P then they are going to be sucking up bandwidth.

Put together a neighborhood "watch" team that goes around and checks peoples computers for P2P software....

Well, you could see if AT&T can help, but most likely they will tell you you're fine and with those speeds, I would agree. It's likely that there are just more people on your line and that is why it's slower.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Care to join me on my hunt for at&t users within a mile of me? It will be fun i promise hahaha

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Now where did I put those wire cutters.....
Old 08-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
Daemon Poster

I have some next to my foot for some reason lol

Old 08-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #17
Fully Optimized

figures.....

J/K
Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

Hahahaha

Old 08-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
Baseband Member

DSL blows. My friend has it and he lags on xboxlive SO MUCH. Glad I have cable internet, I'm getting a good 15 Mb/s a second on download and a measly 0.97 Mb/s with a 108mb/s wireless connection (wireless N/G) and a good 6-9 mb/s download and 0.93 mb/s upload with an 11mb/s connection (wireless B)
x2 Linksys WRT54G
x1 linksys wireless g notebook card
Nateo200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
Daemon Poster

^your sig is 6 lines and the mac is 5 lines. But thats up to my parents to change internet and i know they wont.