Modem For Internet Anywhere???

Hi Guys Is There Any Modem To Make The Internet Wireless Anywhere You Go? Cuz I Know At Home I Can Use It Where Ever I Have My Wifi Connection. But Outside Home Like 20 Km Away From Home Is It Possible To Use Internet On A Modem Like That?

If there is a wireless network availabe in the area, it is possible to connect to that. You can't connect to your home wireless network from 20km away. You might want to look into a 3G account with one of the major cell carriers in your area.

A netbook can by using cellphone service. Also, you can get a PCMCIA cell phone card for notebook computers. The catch is that in both cases there is a monthly charge...usually something like $50 or $60 a month. That would allow you to access the internet anywhere there is cellphone service from the provider you choose.

Try Verizon. They have a portable wireless antenna you plug into your USB slot. The speed might not be great, but at least its better than nothing! :)

Satelite connects anywhere using anything for the antenna. But you get charged for every page you visit! :eek:

You have to sign up with certain ISPs for that type of service separate from your current provider as well. When a friend first bought a laptop for his wife they went that route. But since the laptop was always used at home an extra dsl adapter is now used.

You will need to look into a cell phone provider's "moblie broadband" access. Verizon/Sprint/etc offer a monthly service that will give you access to the internet on a laptop for a charge.

hmmm ok i will try to contact these companies if they offer internet in Canada. but what i heard was my friend told me that there is some kind of modem (router) that makes your internet wireless and you can use it anywhere, but he don't remember which one was it so i thought i should ask here :)

With laptops you have a wireless antenna built into it on most newer models. You then sign up for a satelite type ISP and use the surroundings where those signals reflect off of for the extended antenna. In Canada you would want to check out the information and offers seen at the web sites for the various providers there.

Icouldn't say if Verizon(formerly AT+T) and other US companies offer coverage with Canadien divisions. But I can point you to one of the leading Canadian Satelite providers known as Galaxy. http://www.galaxybroadband.ca/

Back
Top Bottom