mobile office setup,,, Help please!!

AdvancedNovice

Beta member
First off, thanks for any ideas.

So here is what I am looking to accomplish:

I need to be able to scan documents into PDF format via a multi page scanner/all in one printer to my iPad in a mobile environment, IE: a van. It needs to be idiot proof and super reliable.

What I have tried:
1. Eye-fi SD Card connected to the printer (worked but very unreliably)
Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo and video uploads from your camera to your computer & the web. | Eye-Fi
used both wireless network and direct mode.

2. Verizon hotspot- Samsung SCH LC-11
Could not get it to connect to any printer. Samsung support confirmed that it will not connect to printers. BUT I read a random forum that someone claims to have connected it and used it in a home network environment. Best Buy Geek Squad says, "we hook these up all the time, I don't know why we can't get it to work." having tried multiple printers and two different hotspots.

3. 8GB SD Card with an HP and Kodak all in one printer, then connected it to the iPad camera kit.
This method worked one time then the iPad completely stopped recognizing there was anything on the SD Card even though my PC laptop saw there were multiple PDF documents on it.

I think those are all the options I have tried. If I think of any more that I have tried I will update.

I haven't tried using a bluetooth usb dongle on the printer and scanning through bluetooth, I thought it would be a long shot.

Thanks again for any help.
~Tyler

Is the scanner connected to a PC? If so you can use Dropbox (or a similar program) that allows you to access the files remotely. Do they have to be on the iPad or do you just need access to them? If so you could also use a remote desktop program from the iPad to the desktop connected to the printer/scanner.

No, the printer is not hooked up to a PC, unfortunately that's not an option. And yeah it has to be an iPad, not that I'm partial to them it's just what my boss bought. The printer/scanner is hopefully not going to be hard wired to any device. Any idea why the sd card would just stop working with the iPad? I even tried reformatting it to FAT32.

Thanks for the help.

i would set up a intranet web server and program a script to take the scanned doc and insert it to the web share and post a link on a web page for the ipad to download. just hit scan then the document will be added as a link on the web server. very easy to do in a few hours.

i would set up a intranet web server and program a script to take the scanned doc and insert it to the web share and post a link on a web page for the ipad to download. just hit scan then the document will be added as a link on the web server. very easy to do in a few hours.

Thanks for the idea, I'm not that advanced I don't think. I ended up just using the printers HP's AdHoc and using the HP Home and Biz application. The scan to ipad works now, but it doesn't have any way for me to email it off. It's been a long ad frustrating road.

Thanks again!

Would you be emailing the file to the same person all the time or to different people?

If it's the same person, then you should be able to "share" a dropbox account. Also why can't you attach it to an email?

Hi,

You can download and use the better pdf converter tool from here. Hope this might help you.

pdf converter

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Hi,

You can download the required software here. Check for many more softwares and I hope this might help you.

free software downloads

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom