Microsoft Outlook

bluenose1940

In Runtime
For the past couple of days I am having trouble with Microsoft Outlook 2010.

It is constantly asking me to input my 'user name and password for this server'. I can't seem to get past the problem.

I have Googled the problem and have tried some of the solutions but without success.

Does anyone have a fairly straightforward answer to this problem please.

Thank you

EDIT: I am also getting a message that says 'review blocked Sign-in attempt'

Last edited:
Who is your email provider? If you log on to your email providers webmail does that work okay? Are you using Windows 10? If you are using Windows 10 what version and build are you using.

There are issues with Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134 up and older versions of Microsoft Office. In fact one website I read last night said that only Microsoft Office 2013 and up will work with Windows 10 version 1803. I have a problem with Excel 2003, yeah yeah I know its ancient but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay MS extortionate money for something I use very little, anyway my Excel worked in version 1709 but stopped working when I "upgraded" to version 1803. I was lucky enough to be able to revert to 1709 as the upgrade to 1803 had only been done a couple of days ago. Windows deletes the old version after 10 days so you revert after that time. Everything started working properly again after that revertion.

Hiya pete.i, I use gmail.com and that is very spasmodic too when I go at it via the web.

My Windows 10 version is 1803 and the Build is 17134.12

All of my 2010 Office have worked fine in Windows 10. I have been using Excel this morning and it was OK, it just seems to be Outlook.

Last edited:
Could it be your internet connection then perhaps. If Gmail is spasmodic it sounds like you are losing your connection moentarily. I use GMail a lot and I don't have any problems with it. Both GMail and Outlook rely on a stable internet connection.

Could it be your internet connection then perhaps. If Gmail is spasmodic it sounds like you are losing your connection moentarily. I use GMail a lot and I don't have any problems with it. Both GMail and Outlook rely on a stable internet connection.

I think that my internet connection is fine. I have no problems getting to any sites whatsoever.

Any ideas on the 'review Blocked Sign in attempt'?

Back
Top Bottom