Microsoft Outlook

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Today I have moved the Data File (.pst) within Outlook from the 'C' drive to my 'D' drive so that I can create some personal files to enable me to keep important emails and, so that they wont get deleted if I do a clean install of Windows at any time.

The procedure seemed to work perfectly and the new location is showing in Outlook but, since doing it at about 11am today I have not received any emails into Outlook. I am using a gmail account and the mails are still arriving OK when I get at it via Google.

Anyone have any thoughts please.

Many thanks.

the cause is moving files that are used in the program.

moving these file and not telling outlook that you moved them can either cause outlook to re-create, fail to start, or just sit there doing nothing.

one way to get these files back is to remove and re-add the software.
another is to click file -> account settings -> select the data files tab.

and select a new location for the data file, or select the data file that you have moved.

the correct way to move a PST file is to right click and close it. move it then select to open it again.

the correct way to move an OST file is described here:
https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...ata-file-e7b2e7b2-fb87-406c-85c7-04d4b69cf9a0

Bluenose1940, Kevin dark was curious what steps you took to fix your problem.
Maybe you can post the link you found to fix it?

Technician, your post at #6 above refers.
My most sincere apologies, I did not spot posts #4, #5 and #6 until this morning.

This is what I did to resolve my problem.
1. From Outlook 2010 click File>Account Settings>Account Settings
2. Click Change Folder
3. Click New Outlook Data File (This is just temporary)
4. Give it a name (I used "Test")
5. Click the + to the left of the folder name to expand the subfolders. Click Inbox. Click OK.
6. Then Click Change Folder
7. Click Select the one you want
8. Click the + to the left of the folder name to expand the subfolders. Click Inbox. Click OK.
9. Close Account Settings and click send/receive.

And this is where I found it.
It Is Solved: 0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed.

Once again, I apologise most sincerely for not dealing with this at the time.

Back
Top Bottom