masking an ip

Man, chill out. It's not like he can go out and hijack someones computer, ya gotta know what you are doing.
Sorry "man" I will not chill out regarding this, if there's a chance that someone more experienced that could do it, I have to take notice, you're a good guy really, but the warning stands, I won't be giving a neg rep, I've only ever given one of those, & I instantly regretted it.

The only real thing to keep in mind is that proxies can log where YOU come from.

You leave a trail everywhere you go on the internet; if someone is determined enough, they can find you by back-tracking through those proxies.

http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

http://www.proxy4free.com/tips.html will help, too.
Just asking, IYO are these links/websites legal??, it seems to me that it encourages some to use proxies as a way to avoid detection, as some of our spammers do:confused:

proxies are 100% legal and there are plenty of good ways to use them. some people who may get caught doing something on the internet they dont want other people to see, maybe a big hollywood star using a dating service etc.

Sorry "man" I will not chill out regarding this, if there's a chance that someone more experienced that could do it, I have to take notice, you're a good guy really, but the warning stands, I won't be giving a neg rep, I've only ever given one of those, & I instantly regretted it.

I don't even feel like you have the expertise to make comments about what comments are appropriate.

If people want to find some of the fastest proxys, here's a good way I found out last night. Leave an IDS running (responds to ping) with a direct connection to internet. Look at the IDS logs for interesting attacks such as SQL slams, virus's, etc. These are commonly controlled machines, and a large portion of them run proxy servers.

As somebody else said proxies log your ip address and details as well. All it takes is the police or other authorities with a warrant from a court to obtain your information from the proxy admin and you get busted so as root said theyre not foolproof.

And yes they are 100% legal just like p2p networks, the technology itself is legal but there are illegal uses of it just like cars, theyre legal but hit and run incidents are illegal, it depensd on how responsible you are

I don't even feel like you have the expertise to make comments about what comments are appropriate.
I don't have the expertise, but don't think I'm just a grunt, live has taught me a lot, more than enough to compensate, I've had enough of your caustic comments though..........

I don't have the expertise, but don't think I'm just a grunt, live has taught me a lot, more than enough to compensate, I've had enough of your caustic comments though..........

tbh Id say your comments are worse, Ive looked over youir posting history and quite frankly I'm ashamed you havent been permanently banned let alone lose your mod priviilege,

in fact your lucky you;re here because any other forum on the net would have perm banned you ages and agges and ages and ages and ages ago... get my point?

Back
Top Bottom