Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Send a message via ICQ to this_guy Send a message via AIM to this_guy Send a message via MSN to this_guy Send a message via Yahoo to this_guy
Default MAC wireless

How can I hook up to a wireless network with my mac? This is at my university and they use Securew2 for their windows computers but what about mac? Is there any program that can be used to connect to non proprietary AP's?

this_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: MAC wireless

Don't they have an IT guy at your university that can help you ? Anyway it involves IP addresses and DNS , domain names , so it is not OS independent ( drivers for NICs excluded ) IP has no knowledge of where it is and it dows not care. You are not rying to hack in are you ?

tractorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
Solid State Member

Send a message via ICQ to this_guy Send a message via AIM to this_guy Send a message via MSN to this_guy Send a message via Yahoo to this_guy
Default Re: MAC wireless

No I am not trying to hack in. I work at my university as a network consultant and one of the tasks that was given to me was to help people with apple notebooks to get on the wireless network. However, none of my co-workers even know how they would do that because they say our network is picky. and from research it looks like there is no easy, except one thing i found that might work, way to hook apples up to wireless that doesnt use their proprietary apple base stations.
this_guy is offline   Reply With Quote