Mac connected via WAP to networked printer problems

brianstoiber

Solid State Member
I have a MacBook Pro (IP 10.0.40.98) on a wireless access point. I also have a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer (IP 10.0.1.53) which is wired to our switch. The WAP is connected to the firewall as is the switch.

I want to be able to print from my Mac (on wifi) to the printer (wired). The Mac is on the same WorkGroup but is still unable to see the printer or other computers on the network. The company that has set up the network for us says that they allowed computers on 10.0.40.x to see/connect to ones on 10.0.1.x but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there something I am missing here that I can do on my own or tell them to try?

What's the subnet mask on your network?

Most routers ship with a mask of 255.255.255.0. To make this setup work you'll need it to be 255.255.0.0

What's the subnet mask on your network?

Most routers ship with a mask of 255.255.255.0. To make this setup work you'll need it to be 255.255.0.0
Yup. This sort of issue screams subnet mask incorrect. To find out what the netmask is on your mac run 'ifconfig' in a terminal window - alternatively the DHCP / Lan setup page on your router's web-configuration utility should tell you :)

Back
Top Bottom