looking for some infromation

Denium

Beta member
Ok, at home, I've a network with 5 users. We share an ADSL internet connection (512k/s). The modem is set as a router and is connected to our hub where all the other PCs are connected as well.
We all download a lot and in most PCs the connection is more or less the same (around 20-40k/s). However, in one of the computer, the connection is 2-3 times faster than the others. When downloading mp3, my friend can get like 100 - 200 k/s !! Even when all the other PCs are switched off, I never get over 50k/s.

So, what I want to know is why is this PC's internet connection so much faster than all the rest??

it all depends what applications your using to download and whrere they are coming from.

some applications are slower due to them using peer 2 peer which depends on both connections and often someone you're downloading from has a lower connection.

other applications may be slow due to the port used. liek bittorrent. it works better if you leave its ports open.

also some sites dotn have as great of a connection.

Hoep this helps!!! ;)

Hub

The hub could be the problem, a lot of hubs limit bandwidth. Is the faster PC connected through the hub? The other thing could be the NIC on the other PCs if they are limited to 10 or if set at 100.

Back
Top Bottom