Livestream Advice?

Blue62

Beta member
Hey everyone, I'm new here! I apologize if this was placed in the wrong section...I didn't really see a place where it would fit completely, but this seemed the safest bet.

I spent some time every now and then doing research on livestreams. I know what they are and that places like Twitch and (even YouTube) now have these streaming features where one can show themselves playing video games or drawing some art in real-time so that their viewers/fans can watch them as it is happening.

I don't even know if stream is the correct term/word that I am looking for, but I want to use this feature? to show clips (possibly found within YouTube) to a group of my friends all around the globe in real-time.

My intention is to have this setup so that they can watch Christmas specials, altogether/in real time. Like a small gift for them on or around Christmas. I looked into different places, YouTube has stream features now, but I don't really know if it's just for livefeed camera purposes.

Can anyone help me or steer me in the right direction? Also I'm sorry if this is not allowed here or frowned upon (I don't think it is, but I've been wrong before) Thanks and or sorry in advance!

I'm not entirely sure that's legal. If you're trying to share your own home movies, that's fine, twitch and youtube would probably work. but if you're trying to show a tv show or something like that, it'll get taken down from most streaming sites for copyright violations.

IIRC Skype has a desktop sharing feature, but the FPS was pretty low.

Some googling led me to this site: https://letsgaze.com/#/
I think it looks like what you're wanting to do, but you have to find the video links online, i don't think you can put your own stuff on it.

if you use linux mpplayer can take any video source and make it a feed.

Back
Top Bottom