Linksys Web Interface Not Loading...

jdrum10j

Baseband Member
So I was trying to update some settings on my Linksys WRT54G router and after logging in, only a small portion of the interface loads. Doesn't matter how many times I refresh the page, it doesn't get any better. I've tried in both Firefox and IE. The DDNS tab showed up (which is where I wanted to go) and when I clicked into it, about 95% of the interface loaded.

Any ideas what the deal is? In the past, it has loaded up fine with no problem.

If you can, you might consider a firmware update. (Assuming it's not already the latest firmware version.) I've never run across that problem before, but I've fixed glitchy routers at work with firmware updates.

Yeah, I was considering that.

Strangely enough though, I had some more work to do in there, so I went back in an hour later. I'm trying to get to the settings and the page refreshes automatically and all is well, back to normal.

Weird stuff.

I had trouble pulling up the page that had all the security, you know the WEP, WPA, etc. All that fun stuff. Once it finally loaded it wouldn't even work. I just did a total clense of the settings a reboot and it worked.

I'm having a weird network issue. I have wireless internet but have not set up any networks. Yesterday, my roommate's' computer had a network. It could see my other roommates computer but not mine. Both of our PCs could not 'see' hers. She could not disconnect from the magically appearing network without disconnecting from the internet. Today the network is gone.
Is that normal? It does not seam normal. Her PC has vista, our PCs do not- I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Do any/all of the computers have "Network Discovery" enabled?

Can you see your other non-Vista roommate's computer?

You guys always think the worst case.

@ jdrum10j,
When's the last time you reset your router? Or your network for that matter?
All users need to exit out of whatever browser they are using and go back to the desktop. Shut down all computers on your network.
Power down the router and the modem.
Wait for a couple of minutes for the power caps to drain off.
Ready? Here we go.
1> Power up just the modem.
Wait 5 minutes before going to step 2.
2> Power up the router.
Again hold your horses for about 5 minutes.
3> Power up one computer that is hard wired to the router.
5 minutes again.
4> Now go in to your router's web interface.

You're dumping all of the logs and other data that the modem and router hold in thier memory. After a while it looks like a train wreck and needs to be dumped out. Rebooting the network IMPO should be done once a month to keep things running smoothly.
"It's always something simple..."

Tried resetting the router initially, but it didn't do anything for me.

Thanks for the info on rebooting the network!

Do any/all of the computers have "Network Discovery" enabled?

Can you see your other non-Vista roommate's computer?

The Vista computer can see one computer. The two non vista computers can see nothing.
We are not sure how to check if she has 'Network Discovery' enabled. I looked around and didn't see it. But it is possible she is accidentally turning it on and off.

Back
Top Bottom