Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
Exclamation Linksys Cable Modem AC Adapter

Quite awhile ago, I purchased a Linksys cable modem from eBay, and it seemed to work fine. The thing is, we had very slow internet speeds and had a guy come take a look. Most of the problem was with a bad splitter, but he also noticed that the modem's AC adapter was not original (it was a Gateway). He said that even though it is the same voltage and amperage, it COULD be somewhat affecting the network.

It had been far too long since I had bought it to open a dispute, so I looked on eBay for a new AC adapter. I couldn't seem to find one specifically for a Linksys modem, so I decided to just go ahead and get another modem altogether (also from eBay). I just received it, and the first thing I looked at was the adapter. Instead of a Linksys label (like my router has), it just says "OEM AC Adapter" and has all the specs and junk. Am I being screwed again? Do any of you guys have a Linksys modem with an adapter like this, or does it say Linksys on it? Is there a way to get just an original AC adapter, or will I have to get a whole brand new modem just for a stupid adapter? Thanks!!
catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote