Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Laptopís internet via tethering gets dropped when connects to Ericsson MiniLink

Dear Experts

My Windows 7 laptop connected to internet via my mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by tethering portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am a technician field and I need to connect my laptop via USB port to an Ericsson MiniLink (telecom NE) node to do configuration.

Whenever I connect the USB cable from the laptop to Ericsson my internet gets dropped, while this didnít happen to my coworker who is using the same laptop brand as mine.

By the way the Ericsson software that I installed on my laptop create the attached socket called : "Ericsson USBLAN adapter" on my computer's network and that would be used for the USB communication

Any advice what should I do to avoid this problem

zillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:18 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Laptopís internet via tethering gets dropped when connects to Ericsson MiniLink

Looks like it's trying to access the internet through that device, can you simply right click that connection and disable it? Or is there a setting in the configuration relating to USB tethering? If so, turn it off.
Athlon II x4 645 || 1TB 7200rpm HDD || EVGA GTX 650Ti OC || 8GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 7 Home x64

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote