LAN port to WAN port

Xx_iDon_xX

Solid State Member
Hello all, I have an ASUS RT-AC66U router with Advanced Tomato firmware on it. Now before that I had stock and my WAN port is currently not working so I'm stock firmware I went into WAN settings and selected LAN Ethernet port 1 as a WAN because like I mentioned my WAN port is not working. So it worked after I did that I believe it was under dual WAN. Now since I flashed Advanced Tomato that setting obviously doesn't stay. What I want to know and I know there's a way and it can be done but I don't know where to go and what settings to put LAN port as a WAN. Any help would be appreciated.

IIRC putting it into 'repeater' mode, basically turns the main 4 ports into a wired switch. if you put it in repeater bridge mode, it'll disable dhcp/nat.

I mainly use repeater mode on an old linksys router to turn it into a network switch, because i'm too cheap to pay $20 for new hardware when the hardware i have does the job just fine...

edit: i used ddwrt, not tomato, but i assume they're fairly similar.

IIRC putting it into 'repeater' mode, basically turns the main 4 ports into a wired switch. if you put it in repeater bridge mode, it'll disable dhcp/nat.

I mainly use repeater mode on an old linksys router to turn it into a network switch, because i'm too cheap to pay $20 for new hardware when the hardware i have does the job just fine...

edit: i used ddwrt, not tomato, but i assume they're fairly similar.

Thank you for your reply, I'm trying to use it as a router also. Ethernet and WiFi. So I just need to get one of the LAN ports to act as a WAN port

it should be able to do that as well in client mode. i use mine to broadcast 802.11b for my old psp once in a while.

edit: You may need to set that up before you switch it into client mode because it may be funky with dhcp turned off and handled by the main router...

Back
Top Bottom