LAN parties... sort of

Sirfredrickrex

Solid State Member
So I'm interested in starting hosting League of Legends days for me and some friends. And as of now I don't think I have the most suitable setup at home. Anybody out there that can point me to something reliable I can read to enlighten myself as to what I might need and things I need to account for?

I'm very interested in becoming a devout tech guy, but I don't go to school for it, so I want my self teaching to be worthwhile.

I read a lot, or try to anyway. But I all input is appreciated.

I don't think I have the most suitable setup at home
What setup do you have?

Anybody out there that can point me to something reliable I can read to enlighten myself as to what I might need and things I need to account for?
you want to have a party, playing a game where all clients MUST connect to the internet.

there is no offline way to play a lan party, you must connect to servers where the world is hosted.

what you need to do this is,

a computer for each player,
a way of connecting them all, (which could be wired, wired via home plugs or wireless)
and a fast enough internet connection for everyone to be online at the same time.

wired connection is best, then wired via home plug, wireless would not be recommended for online gaming... but the biggest bottle neck will be your internet access (unless you have some super fast line...

You may do better finding a game where you can have the whole game, and host the server in your house with the players for the best game play experience.

Back
Top Bottom