LAN failure in different V's of Windows?

Qujibo

Beta member
Hi, I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7 so my friends sometimes don't have to bring their computers. My desktop has XP SP3 and is up to date (my laptop is also up to date) and in some games, and laptop and desktop cannot join a LAN game together.

Let's take Dawn of War (the original) for example. I have a second older desktop with XP (I think it has SP2, but I'm not sure) and both the new desktop and the laptop can connect separately. But when I go to join a game with one when another is already connected, it times out.

At a LAN party, this happened with Vista v.s. the newer XP and the laptop v.s. all 3 (new XP, old XP, and Vista) even when running in compatibility mode. The weird thing is that this only happens in SOME games. Like any valve game works, but CnC 3 doesn't. All computers had every firewall turned off for this.

Anyone have a hunch at what is going on? Every computer was WIRED into the router, and wireless was disabled on all the computers that have wireless, so its not a simple 'I lost connection at the wrong times'.

Please help! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom