Internet speed

PsycicBob

Beta member
For 3 years ive had a fairly bad laptop that connected to the internet wirelessly fine and had great connection. I just (today) recieved a desktop and it didnt have as stable a connection to the home hub nor the same speed. I was wondering if this is normal and can i expect it to speed up over the next few days as it grows 'accustomed' to this network?

Note: i do have a wireless pci-e card that goes to a higher mbps rate than my laptops.

New hardware bedding in maybe, but more likely the settings will have to be optimized.

PsycicBob said:
Note: i do have a wireless pci-e card that goes to a higher mbps rate than my laptops.

Probably the answer

There maybe something really obvious that alludes me here. Anyway I would plug in a lan cable direct to the router, rather than wireless. There is a little app out there that will test upload/download speeds and what not. I googled speed test, but I don't think it is that.

Just to add to Transk53. I would say that there is some settings for the card that need fiddling with and the web site is indeed speed test. I believe dot net.

Mossiac

Make sure you have drivers for the card installed you can use the windows wireless network manager instead of the software for your card and see if that helps

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom