internet slow and getting stuck

iffy

In Runtime
My internet (mozilla) keeps getting stuck. To display pages I have to keep hitting the reload button and the internt is also taking longer to display pages. Whats going on?

Somethings overloading the internet connection. Certain nodes (or even your own system) can only accept so many threads at once. What's happening is that your requests for pages have either got delayed and lost before being sent (overuse of upload) or they're not getting through on the download. I'm afraid there's not a lot you can do. Programs such as torrent clients that open a lot of threads to multiple nodes can cause this problem. Perhaps there's a glitch in your line that's causing packets to fail. Try this. start run cmd press enter then type this in

ping google.com -t

leave it for about 30 seconds (or more if you want a better idea) and do control c. Take note of the packet loss and post back with it. It should be 0%

Well, it could be a whole lot of issues.

1. What else are you doing on the net?
2. Who else is using the connection?
3. Is it only happening on this computer?
4. Are you at home or on a college campus?
5. What kind of internet do you have?
6. Do you have a router?
7. Have you called your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Help us to help you by answering those questions.

Somethings overloading the internet connection. Certain nodes (or even your own system) can only accept so many threads at once. What's happening is that your requests for pages have either got delayed and lost before being sent (overuse of upload) or they're not getting through on the download. I'm afraid there's not a lot you can do. Programs such as torrent clients that open a lot of threads to multiple nodes can cause this problem. Perhaps there's a glitch in your line that's causing packets to fail. Try this. start run cmd press enter then type this in

ping google.com -t

leave it for about 30 seconds (or more if you want a better idea) and do control c. Take note of the packet loss and post back with it. It should be 0%

Time = circa 130
ttl = 52

1. What else are you doing on the net?
Notthing else
2. Who else is using the connection?
No one
3. Is it only happening on this computer?
Not checked but will do when I can get access
4. Are you at home or on a college campus?
Home
5. What kind of internet do you have?
AOL Broadband
6. Do you have a router?
Yes
7. Have you called your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
No. But will do today

It is also imperative to note that I was not having these issues ever before. Also my router has been switched off a few times, will changing the channel help in any way?

i just hate dial-up like when you are on facebook and trying to play a game it takes for ever to load or it doesnt load at all and sometimes mozilla firefox and internet explorer....

My Internet is slow and getting stuck. I don't know how to solve the problem. Very helpful information helped me very much. YAAAA....

ping google.com -t

What if you sent 28 packets and they all got lost. that would mean i am probably not connected to the internet right?

Right guys I think I have an issue with the system as opposed to the connection. Ran virus checker and it's still no better, what can it be?

Back
Top Bottom