Internet is horrifyingly slow - Sprint 3G

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
This didn't use to be a problem, but now that its reached this point, its obviously A PROBLEM. About last year, when I really started messing around with computers, we had a flood in Clarksville/Nashville/middle tennessee. The internet slowed down for a week, and came back up after the flood receded. I noticed it was slow(er) than it usually was. It stayed this way right before we replaced the router. It was a PC Card based router, The card was a Pantech PX-500, the router looks like a generic Linksys Wireless G router. Model No. WRT54G3G-ST. Right before we replaced it, I was getting 90-160kb/s while my dad was playing Everquest. We replaced the old router. I asked them why we didn't just upgrade to the 595, they couldn't answer it. We got a new usb based router, its a Cradlepoint PRB900, and a Sprint Sierra 598. The DAY we upgraded, I noticed a HUGE difference. The internet dropped to 50-60kb/s, while playing EQ2. About a month ago, I was getting 30-40kb/s, dad wasn't even playing everquest. Today, it took 30 minutes to get my mac on the internet, it took 10 minutes to load facebook. Download speeds report 600bp/s-12kb/s. Dad's computer is OFF. I made sure I am the only computer on the network. I have tried an Ethernet cable. We have called sprint to make sure we have not been downgraded. I took a speed test and it reported 1.3mbp/s. This is just plain unacceptable. I have to do my online schoolwork at school, because this crap is so slow. Windows update won't even run. It takes several tries to get steam to start. Downloads on firefox and IE only download partial files. Everquest hardly runs on my dad's pc. I have practiclly tried everything. What can I do to fix this, I really NEED this to get fixed, it just keeps getting worse.

Call Sprint. This is an issue with them and nothing we will be able to do about.

The only suggestion I can make is to power cycle all your equipment. Unplug the modem/router for 30 seconds and then plug it all back in and see what happens.

Then call Sprint and tell them about it (and keep calling until they send someone out or until it's fixed).

We restart it, and it temporarily gets better(30-40k). My dad called sprint, he said they said that everything was working fine. My grandparents use the same card with a different modem, I go down there occasionally (1500' down the road). The internet is screaming there.

Call Sprint back and tell them again. They may see everything is working, but clearly it's not. They need to be aware of the speeds you are getting. Tell them about the speed test and just keep pestering them until they send someone out.

Back
Top Bottom