Internet Connection

forrest742

Beta member
I have an EMachine laptop that will not maintain an Internet Connection. I may be able to be online two hours or two minutes, there is no set pattern to this. I have cable access and I should be online always. The computer is actually used by my wife who relies heavily on AOL for both email and browsing. The other computers in our network are desk tops connected by hard wire. The problem with the laptop is exactly the same either wireless or hard wired, I've tried both ways.

If there is a low cost solution that I might be able to do myself, I'm all ears. My question here on this forum is: Probable cause? Solutions?

Thanks, David

Im also having trouble with my internet connection everytime I try to connect to the internet it doesnt respond, I contacted a company to help me they did but later on I restored my computer the problem began again, I called again and didnt receive the same useful help from before. The agent told me it had something to do with a firewall, but I have not installed any Antivirus programs nor firewalls so I dont know how to resolve the problem....

I have cable access and I should be online always. The computer is actually used by my wife who relies heavily on AOL for both email and browsing. The other computers in our network are desk tops connected by hard wire. The problem with the laptop is exactly the same either wireless or hard wired, I've tried both ways.

If there is a low cost solution that I might be able to do myself, I'm all ears. My question here on this forum is: Probable cause? Solutions?

What OS are you running on the notebook? Also, are you running a router? If so, who is the vendor of it and this might be the culprit. Have you called your provider yet to see what they say?

Back
Top Bottom