Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-31-2006, 06:52 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default IIS 5.0 Connection Problem

Hey Guys,

I Currently have a VPN connection into a Server Located to far away to travel to. I have Finished Creating a Website being 1.5GB of Data, and the Company i work for had a FTP Server so we put the Website on this. I Have just recently Configured the Website to the IIS (NOTE: The computer i refer to as Server is Windows XP Pro). After i Remote Desktop into the server I am able to connect to the Website via the Address of http://10.0.0.10 on the Server its self (this is the IP of the server), but i am unable to configure the IIS so that i am able to do this via my computer which is connected to the network via VPN.

I was like wtf all this time and effort and still aint working so any sugestioned would be greatly apprechiated!!!!!

Thanks Guys, Josh

Josho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to Bran
Default Re: IIS 5.0 Connection Problem

Most likey it can't find the site. Where I work I had the same problem. I could get to the site at the office, but when I used VPN at home I couldn't. You might need to add the site and the IP address in your local host file. If you are using XP its in this folder. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc Open it with note pad and add the enrty.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: IIS 5.0 Connection Problem

Bran,

I have tried this but did not work. If it helps i am able to ftp using the computers wan address, also WHEN i VPN i can ftp the Servers LAN address aswell as connect to the Servers local shares through the Browser. Any more suggestions would be greatly apprechiated!
Josho is offline   Reply With Quote