I want a static ip

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
Okay, I live in kansas and my location is basically all cox internet ISP turf. There residential packages are at decent prices for like 30mbs down, 3 mbs up is like 50$ a month. They will not give me a static IP to save my life. Even if you offer more money. The cheapest way of doing it through them is to get a business account. For 60$ a month is 3mb down and 365kb up with 1 static IP with a 3 year contract. WTF is this. I don't get it why does it have to be so complicated. I'm about to pull my hair out. You can even run a business with that slow of a internet connection now n days. Biggest rip off ever. Do any of you have residential accounts with static ips?

It's totally up to the ISP wether or not you get a static or dynamic IP address. Most ISP do dynamic (because it's easier on their end) though some will do static for residential accounts.

I worked at a phone tech support company and we provided phone support for close to 25 differnet ISP's. Of those, only 1 or 2 used static IP addressing.

Back
Top Bottom